Firefighters are currently battling a raging fire at the Soufriere Hospital in the town of Soufriere.
There is no word yet of any death of injuries.
Emergency officials received news of the fire at 7:01 p.m.
An eyewitness said the fire is “spreading rapidly”.
The cause of the fire is not yet known.
Unconfirmed reports are that the entire maternity wing has been destroyed.
This is the second time within a few weeks that the hospital is being affected by a fire. However, by witness accounts this one is by far the most extensive.
Services were relocated to Etangs Wellness Centre due to a fire in the records room of the hospital in the early hours of Thursday, November 9. (St Lucia News Online)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App