Police are conducting investigation into the circumstances surrounding a road fatality which occurred sometime around 4:45 this morning along My Lords Hill, St. Michael.
Amanda Danielle Byer, 31, of Coral Land, Haggatt Hall, St Michael, was killed in the accident which also left 50-year-old Jeffrey Callender of the same address nursing injuries.
Preliminary investigations revealed that Byer was driving a motor car along My Lords Hill Road, accompanied by Callender. On approaching the area of the Israel Lovell Foundation, the motor car struck an embankment which resulted in Byer losing control and subsequently colliding with a guard wall to the front of the Israel Lovell Foundation.
Byer recieved head injuries and died at the scene, while Callender received an injury to his forehead and was transported by ambulance to the QEH for medical attention.
One fire tender and four fire officers under the ommand of Station Officer Denton Foster,\ and Acting Deputy Fire Officer Errol Gaskin responded to the scene of the accident.
Police are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed this accident or can provide any information to assist in their investigations to contact the District ‘A’ Police station at telephone 430-7242 or 4307646.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App