Christmas celebrations came early for the staff at the Sandy Lane Hotel as they were treated to a fun-filled day of Christmas cheer on Saturday.
A hearty and happy Santa Claus joined the annual Sandy Lane Children’s Christmas Appreciation Party held at the Sandy Lane Bennett’s Golf Turf.
The theme for this sixteenth edition was Alice in Wonderland. It aptly followed with the Mad Hatter and Queen Of Hearts attending the event much to the excitement of the 300 children in attendance.
The day’s activities included jumping tents, carousel, face painting, an arcade and a human size game of chess which was a replica of the famous scene in the movie Alice in Wonderland.
Public Relations Manager for Sandy Lane Risha Daniel, told Barbados TODAY that the event was a relaxing getaway for the staff before the hectic start of a fully booked winter season.
“Today is about celebrating the families of our employees. As we move into the season it’s going be a busy time so it’s going to take a toll on everyone so it’s about bringing some cheer,” said Daniel.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App