A former member of the Barbados Defence Force (BDF) was remanded to prison when he appeared in court yesterday on a number of drug-related charges.
Thirty-five-year-old Ovid Comienskey Alleyne of Belle Road #1, My Lords Hill, St Michael, was arrested on Saturday, December 9 when members of the Drug Squad executed a warrant at his residence in the Belle Road area. During the search, a quantity of loose cannabis was discovered along with 14 cannabis plants being cultivated in his yard.
The total weight of the cannabis was 4.5 kgs with an estimated street value of $18,000.
Alleyene was charged with possession of cannabis, trafficking of cannabis, possession of cannabis with intent to supply, and cultivation of cannabis.
He appeared before Magistrate Douglas Fredricks in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ court where he pleaded guilty to the charges and was remanded to prison pending sentencing.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App