Fifty-eight-year-old Leon Dacosta Hoyte has been remanded to Her Majesty’s Prison Dodds after appearing before Magistrate Ian Weekes at the District ‘D ‘ Magistrate Court this morning on a number of gun related offences.
Hoyte, who is also referred to as Leon Dacosta Sealy of Porey Spring, St Thomas is charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and unlawful possession of seven rounds of ammunition.
Members of the Anti-Gun Unit of the Royal Barbados Police Force arrested Hoyte yesterday after executing a search warrant at his house.
During the search, the officers found the firearm and ammunition.
Hoyte will reappear in court on January 10, 2018.
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App