A St Michael woman charged with a number of drug related offences was remanded to Her Majesty’s Prison Dodds on Wednesday after failing to secure a surety when she was granted $80, 000 bail.
Thirty-eight-year-old Patricia Meldonia Weekes of Goodland Main Road appeared before Magistrate Laurie-Ann Smith Bovell in the District ‘B’ Magistrates’ Court charged with possession of cannabis, possession of cannabis with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of cannabis.
According to police, Weekes visited the airport to clear a number of household items on Monday and while Customs personnel were examining the items, they found eight black wrapped packages containing cannabis concealed in the panel of a stove.
A further check revealed 20 similar packages hidden in a Whirlpool dryer.
Weekes quickly fled the bond but was later arrested and charged following investigations conducted by members of the Drug Squad.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App