Four persons, including a woman, will be charged by the police in connection with the recent million dollar heist at the Piarco International Airport.
The police report that the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) said the woman has been accused of receiving stolen property and money laundering.
The men will be charged jointly with robbery with aggravation.
One of them is scheduled to be charged separately with money laundering while the other two will face additional charges of possession of marijuana for the purpose of trafficking.
On December 6, armed bandits stole a TT$ 5 million (One TT dollar=US$0.16 cents) during a daring daylight robbery at the heavily secured section of the airport.
It was reported that the men dressed in camouflage clothing and wearing masks, gained access to the tarmac and held up the security officers guarding a cargo cart containing the cash.
Of the money stolen TT$250,000 was recovered. (CMC)
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App