A 47-year-old prison officer was today released on $500 bail after pleading not guilty to a criminal offence.
Melvin MacDonald Goodman, of Bathsheba, St Joseph and Todds Land, St George, is accused of unlawfully taking a number of food items into Her Majesty’s Prison Dodds for an inmate.
The offence reportedly occurred on December 16.
However, Goodman denied the charge when he appeared before Chief Magistrate Christopher Birch in the District ‘C’ Magistrates’ Court and was granted bail with one surety.
He returns to court on February 26.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App