Karen Goddard received the best Christmas gift ever this morning around 9:15 a.m.
The 28-year-old delivered this island’s first Christmas day baby- a bouncing boy – at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH).
Goddard was expecting to deliver her baby in January but she went into labour around 4 a.m. The newborn weighed five pounds, seven ounces.
A happy Goddard told Barbados TODAY she is yet to decide her son’s name. She however assured she would focus on imparting good values to the peaceful infant.
This is the second child for Goddard and her partner Dasheen Belgrave. They already have a two-and-half-year-old son.
A second baby boy was born at the QEH at 1:09 p.m. Shanice Lynch proudly welcomed her second son who weighed just over seven pounds. Both mother and son are doing well.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App