It was a day of fun and entertainment, for some 350 children who participated in the annual Christmas party, at the historic Queen’s Park today.
In attendance at the Boxing Day event, hosted by Sharon Bellamy-Thompson, were children from five children’s home, five special needs schools and from various communities across the island.
The children were full of energy as they played in jumping tents, on various slides and got treated with appearances from characters including Batman and Spider-Man.
“I want children to feel loved. Some of them are depressed and lonely and they don’t feel anyone cares so I decided to make them feel wanted and cared for,” Bellamy-Thompson told Barbados TODAY.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App