Two Christ Church residents are set to appear in court tomorrow after being nabbed with a significant quantity of illegal drugs on Saturday.
They are 36-year-old Antoinette Cyrillene Thomas of McClean Road, Silver Sands and 50-year-old Roger Orlando Holder of Apt 3, # 852 Kingsland Crescent.
They have been charged separately for unlawful possession of cannabis, unlawful possession of cannabis with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of cannabis.
According to police, Thomas and Holder arrived at the Grantley Adams International Airport last Saturday. Thomas, who was travelling with her two daughters ages 16 and 10 months respectively was directed to Customs by police after a canine unit on duty flagged her luggage.
During the search by Customs personnel, 18 transparent vacuum-sealed packages, each with cannabis was found hidden in false bottoms of two suitcases.
Of the 18 packages, 12 were found in a suitcase with her daughter’s name and the remaining six were found in a suitcase bearing her name.
The drugs weighed 9.5 kilos and had an estimated street value of $70, 000.
Customs personnel also searched Holder’s luggage and found 12 sealed packages each with cannabis, concealed in a false bottom of two suitcases. The drugs in Holder’s possession weighed 6.3 kilos with an estimated street value of $50, 400.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App