A 23-year-old St Michael man is due to appear in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court today charged with the murder of 21-year-old Tavon Kaiseen Alleyne, of Lakes Close, Eden Lodge, St Michael.
Lawmen have arrested and formally charged Shawayne Dashawn Williams, of White Hall #1, in connection with Alleyne’s death, which occurred at Eden Lodge, St Michael around 7 p.m. on Tuesday, December 26.
At the time, Alleyne, who is the cousin of Barbadian superstar Rihanna, was walking through a track near his home when he was approached by a man who shot him multiple times before fleeing the scene.
The victim was rushed by private vehicle to the state-run Queen Elizabeth Hospital, where he later succumbed to his injuries.
Since then Rihanna has added her voice to the chorus of calls for an end to rising gun violence on the island, in the wake of 30 murders, including 23 that were gun-related last year.
- VENEZUELA - Soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- Mobile App