Murder accused Shawayne Dashawn Williams, who was arrested and charged for killing 21-year-old Tavon Kaiseen Alleyne, of Lakes Close, Eden Lodge, St. Michael, appeared before Magistrate Douglas Frederick in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court today and was remanded to prison.
The 23-year-old White Hall #1, St Michael resident is due to reappear in court on January 31.
Alleyne, who is the cousin of Barbadian superstar Rihanna, was walking through a track near his home on Tuesday, December 26 when he was approached by a man who shot him multiple times before fleeing the scene.
The victim was rushed by private vehicle to the state-run Queen Elizabeth Hospital, where he later succumbed to his injuries.
Since then Rihanna has added her voice to the chorus of calls for an end to rising gun violence on the island, in the wake of 30 murders, including 23 that were gun-related last year.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App