Police are investigating an armed robbery which occurred around 6:50 p.m. today at the Ixora Bar & Restaurant, Golden Sands Hotel, Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church.
The owner and proprietor, 81-year-old Dennis Tull, was attacked by three armed men and robbed of a cash tin and an undisclosed sum of money.
A guest at the hotel, a 43-year-old Jamaican national, was grazed by a bullet fired by the gunmen as they fled the scene. Several patrons at the bar and restaurant also suffered minor injuries during the melee.
Police say that karaoke was being hosted at the bar and restaurant with several people in attendance when the three armed men entered the establishment, removed the cash tin and fired a number of shots before fleeing the scene.
Anyone with information that can assist police with their investigations is asked to contact the Oistins Police Station at 418-2612, 418-2608, police emergency number “211”, Crime Stoppers at 1-800 –TIPS (8477), or the nearest police station.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App