Barbados has recorded its first road fatality for 2018.
The victim has been identified as 64-year-old Henderson Greenidge, a Barbadian living in England, and staying at Thicketts, St Philip.
Greenidge was struck by a motorcar along Four Roads, St Philip, around 11:30 last night.
The motorcar was being driven by 28-year-old Rico Clarke, of Lot 17A, Merricks, St Philip.
Greenidge suffered multiple injuries, and was transported to the state-run Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance for medical attention. He later succumbed to his injuries.
Investigations are continuing.
Last year there were 28 road deaths recorded, compared to ten in 2016.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App