A JetBlue aircraft made an emergency landing at the Grantley Adams International Airport (GAIA) this afternoon.
Barbados TODAY understands that the emergency occurred on JetBlue flight B625 from Fort Lauderdale just after 3 p.m.
However, by 3:25 p.m., all passengers had safely disembarked the aircraft following reports of a small fire onboard the plane.
Sources at GAIA told Barbados TODAY that the incident affected the scheduled arrival of several other international flights.
American Airlines, British Airways and Virgin Atlantic were among those which were placed in a holding pattern, circling the airport for several minutes while emergency crews dealt with the emergency landing.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App