The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) today said that due to last night’s island wide power outage several communities are now without water.
For several hours yesterday, much of the country was without electricity following an explosion at the Barbados Light & Power Company’s substation in Seawell, Christ Church.
As a result the BWA said today that “levels at some of the pumping stations and reservoirs are currently low and will take some time to replenish”.
It also said that tankers had been dispatched, with emergency services and schools being given first priority.
However, due to widespread outage, it warned that delays could be expected.
“The Barbados Water Authority thanks the public for its patience and understanding,” the statement added.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App