Barbadian Darian King reached the final qualifying round of the Australian Open earlier this morning, and is now one win away from securing a spot among the big boys.
Playing once again on court 12 , King eased to a 7-5, 6-0 victory over Kazakhstan’s Alexander Bublik, who is ranked 115th in the world.
With this result, Sweden’s 21-year-old Elias Ymer is the only person standing in the way of King’s entry into the grand slam tournament.
Full story in today’s e-paper
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App