- The United Kingdom government is urging its citizens to take the necessary health precautions when travelling along the south coast of Barbados.
In an advisory issued today on the British High Commission in Bridgetown’s website, it said “certain areas of the south coast are experiencing breakdowns of sewage pipes. Leakages are occurring; you should avoid coming into direct contact with raw sewage and normal hygiene precautions should be followed”.
In recent days, similar advisories have been issued by the Canadian and the United States governments in the face of persistent sewage leaks for which a permanent fix is yet to be found.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App