Thirty-three-year-old Adesina Kijana Crichlow was remanded to prison when he appeared in court today charged with a number of firearm and drug offences.
Crichlow, of Brydens Avenue, Brittons Hill, St Michael, and Apartment # 6, Roumaika Court, Dayrells Road, Christ Church, committed the offences between January 6 and 10 this year at Collymore Rock, Dayrells Road, and Brittons Hill, St Michael.
Last Saturday, January 6, members of the police Anti-Gun & Gang Unit were conducting an operation at Collymore Rock when Crichlow was intercepted driving a motor van and found in possession of a firearm and two rounds of ammunition.
Investigations were conducted, and search warrants executed at his two residences where the drugs, as well as the additional firearms and ammunition were discovered.
As a result, Crichlow was arrested and charged with possession of nine firearms without a valid licence; possession of over 1,206 rounds of ammunition without a permit as well as possession, possession with intent to supply and trafficking of cannabis.
Crichlow, who is being represented by attorneys Romain Marshall and Angela Mitchell-Gittens, was remanded to prison until February 9, 2018.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App