Five men were remanded to Her Majesty’s Prison Dodds on a string of theft charges after appearing before Chief Magistrate Christopher Birch in the District ‘C’ Magistrates’ Court today.
They are 50-year-old Denis Rodney Beckles of #37 Golden Rock, Pine, St Michael charged with four counts of theft and one count of handling stolen property; 21-year-old Amaro Delano Wilkinson of Jordan’s Lane, Nelson Street, St Michael charged with three counts of theft; 52-year-old Mark Anderson Franklyn of Jordan’s Lane, Nelson Street, St Michael charged with one count of theft; 42-year-old John Patrick Haynes of Rock Hall, St Thomas charged with two counts of theft and 50-year-old Junior Orlando Sobers of Liquorish Village, My Lord’s Hill, St Michael with one count of theft.
They are accused of stealing tools and equipment in the parishes of St Michael and Christ Church between December 2017 and January this year.
The accused will return to the District ‘A’ Magistrates Court tomorrow.
Beckles and Wilkinson have also been ordered to appear in the Oistins Court on Friday.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App