A 15–year-old schoolboy was today remanded to the Government Industrial School after being charged with assault for setting the hair of a 15-year-old girl on fire.
The teen admitted to the offence when he appeared before Magistrate Laurie-Ann Smith Bovell in the District ‘F’ Magistrates’ Court.
Police reported Wednesday that the girl was at a bus stop in Horse Hill, St Joseph, with several school mates when the incident occurred.
The girl was focusing on her cellular phone at the time.
The blaze was extinguished by another pupil and no injuries were reported.
The boy will be sentenced on March 9.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App