Police say an elderly woman was attacked and injured by two dogs around 9:50 a.m. Friday while walking along Brighton Road, St Michael.
The victim, 81-year-old Enid Small, is a Barbadian residing in Canada.
Neighbours in the area heard her cries for help, and rescued her from the two dogs, which have been identified as a Ridgeback and a Bull mastiff.
Small, who suffered injuries to her buttocks, right thigh and forearm, was transported to the state-run Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance for medical attention.
Investigations are continuing. (PR)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App