Barbados has recorded its second road fatality for the year.
Dead is a 36-year-old male, who was a passenger in a lady-driven white Toyota Nze motorcar.
The condition of the female driver is unknown following the accident which occurred around 4 a.m. Saturday at Belle Gully, St Michael.
No further details are available at this time. However, up to 9:30 this morning, the section of Belle Gully road where the accident occurred remained closed to vehicular traffic as police continued their investigations.
Earlier this month 64-year-old Henderson Greenidge, a Barbadian living in England, and staying at Thicketts, St Philip, was struck by a motorcar along Four Roads, St Philip, becoming the island’s first road fatality for 2018.
Last year there were 28 road deaths in total all, up from ten the previous year.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App