Twenty-two-year-old Keshane Kezal Jabari Bynoe of Sand Box Avenue, Bayville, St Michael was remanded to prison when he appeared in court today.
Bynoe was arrested on January 17 and charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and unlawful possession of seven rounds of ammunition.
Police said that members of SCATS were on duty along Beckles Road, St. Michael when Bynoe, who was riding a motor cycle, collided with the rear of the police vehicle and fell.
A subsequent search of a bag he was carrying revealed the firearm and ammunition.
Bynoe appeared before Magistrate Wayne Clarke in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ and was remanded to prison to return to Court on February 9.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App