Emergency services are on the scene of a three-vehicle smash-up at the Long Gap junction in Spooners Hill, St Michael.
Two route taxis and a truck belonging to Zephirin’s Bakery were involved in the accident.
Public Relations Officer of the Royal Barbados Police Force (RBPF) Acting Inspector Roland Cobbler told Barbados TODAY that 17 people were injured in the accident which occurred around 1:15 p.m. and a mass casualty response was activated.
Of those injured, five were transported by ambulance to the QEH for medical. They complained of pain to their backs and neck.
The other injured persons were treated at the scene.
Six ambulances along with three doctors and two fire tenders responded to the accident.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App