United States Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is scheduled to visit Jamaica next month to discuss issues related to bilateral and regional security, energy efforts and economic reform.
The United States Embassy in Kingston says Tillerson is scheduled to arrive on February 7.
The US senior diplomat will meet with Prime Minister Andrew Holness and Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade Kamina Johnson Smith.
Before he lands in Kingston, Tillerson will travel to Mexico City, Mexico; Bariloche and Buenos Aires, Argentina; Lima, Peru; and Bogota, Colombia.
A release from the US Embassy says Tillerson will engage with regional partners to promote a safe, prosperous, energy secure, and democratic hemisphere.
He is also expected to advocate for increased regional attention to the current crisis in Venezuela.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App