Thirty-eight-year-old Edwin Dane Victor today pleaded guilty to several drug related offences when he appeared before Chief Magistrate Christopher Birch today.
Victor, who has no fixed placed of abode, was arrested by police at Pot House, St John yesterday after members of the Drug Squad seized a quantity of cannabis plants across several districts in the rural parish.
Victor was charged with possession, trafficking, possession with intent to supply and the cultivation of cannabis.
He was fined $5000 in six months or 18 months in prison for the offence of cultivation of cannabis.
He was also sentenced to 18 months in prison suspended for two years for the offence of possession of cannabis.
Victor was however reprimanded and discharged for the offence of trafficking cannabis and convicted, reprimanded and discharged for the offence of possession with intent to supply.
During the operation, police seized 2, 619 cannabis plants. The plants ranged from seedlings to ten feet in height.
Three hundred and eighty-two plants were removed from Pot House, 1305 from Cliff Cottage and 932 from Welch Village.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App