The driver and conductress were injured when a minibus overturned along Walkers Road, St George around 8:55 last night.
Reports are that the driver, 36-year-old Kelvin Rudder, of Ellerton, St George, lost control of the vehicle, which flipped on the right side, resulting in him being trapped in the bus.
He was subsequently freed by members of the Fire Service, but suffered serious injuries to his hands.
Meantime, the conductress, Jenny Nurse, of Melverton, St George, complained of pain to her elbow. However, the lone passenger, a 33-year-old male, escaped injury.
The driver and the conductress were both transported to the state run Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance.
Two fire tenders and six fire officers, under the command of Leading Fire Officer Williams, responded to the accident.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App