Guyanese national Andrew Wayne Mullin was remanded to Her Majesty’s Prison Dodds on a number of drug-related charges.
Twenty-nine-year-old Mullin was charged with unlawful possession of cocaine; unlawful possession of cocaine with intent to supply; trafficking of cocaine and importation of cocaine.
Mullin arrived here last Saturday from Guyana. When custom officials searched his luggage they found 15 packages containing cocaine hidden in Kerrigold milk powder.
The drugs weighed 16.8 kilogrammes and have an estimated street value of $840, 000.
When he appeared before Magistrate Laurie-Ann Smith-Bovell in the District ‘B’ Magistrates Court he was not required to plead to the indictable offence and was remanded to prison, to reappear in court on March 5.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App