Two men formally charged with the January 6 robbery at Golden Sands Hotel were remanded to her Majesty’s Prison Dodds today.
Twenty-three-year-old Rachan Jackson Thomas of 1
They were also charged with eight counts of endangering lives by discharging a firearm in a public place whilst at Ixora Restaurant on January 6.
Thomas appeared before Magistrate Elwood Watts in the Oistins Court and was remanded to prison to reappear in court on March 19, while James appeared before Magistrate Douglas Fredericks in the District ‘A’ Magistrates Court.
James was also jointly charged with 18-year-old Shad Gabriel Orlando Slocombe of Block 1 Apartment 5, Country Towers, St. Michael for aggravated burglary at the residence of Mohammed Patel on January 18 as well as aggravated burglary at Frankie’s Barber Shop on December 23, 2017.
The duo will reappear in court on March 5.]]>
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App