Three 15-year-old boys are nursing stab wounds following an altercation at a rural school in the north east of the island today.
The incident, which occurred around 12:30 p.m., also resulted in the injury of a 12-year-old girl.
According to the police, two groups of boys were fighting during the lunch break. As a result three of them were stabbed multiple times about the body.
A girl was also struck by a stone and suffered an injury to her leg during the melee.
The three male victims were transported to the state-run Queen Elizabeth Hospital where one of them is listed in serious condition, and the other two are said to be stable.
The girl received private medical attention.
Two boys, 16 and 14 years, are assisting police with their investigations.]]>
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App