Christ Church siblings 21- year-old Rommel Rishon Clarke and 27-year-old Trinia Norella Clarke of 1
Rommell was charged with the offence of trespassing and Trinia was charged for assaulting a police officer in the execution of her duty; obstructing a police officer in the execution of her duty; assault occasioning actual bodily harm and criminal damage.
The siblings were among adults who were drinking alcohol and smoking on a section of the pasture at the Christ Church Foundation School. Police asked the adults to leave the premises.
Rommel was subsequently arrested for trespassing. While being led away by police, Trinia intervened and placed herself between her brother and the officers, committing the offences in the process.
Rommell was fined $200 in 14 days, or 14 days in prison for the offence of trespassing.
Trinia was fined $500 in one month, or seven days in prison for the offence of obstruction.
She was convicted, reprimanded and discharged for the offence of assault and fined $1000 in 14 days or 30 days in prison for the offence of criminal damage
Trinia will also have to pay $2000 in six weeks, or spend six weeks in prison for occasioning actual bodily harm.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App