Police are investigating the death of a 66-year-old Canadian visitor at Browne’s Beach, Bay Street, St Michael, which occurred around 12:20 p.m.
According to lawmen, the deceased and his wife were at the beach snorkelling when he complained of feeling unwell.
The man subsequently experienced difficulty in the water and was pulled ashore by the lifeguard on duty.
He was rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance where he was later pronounced dead.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App