Police have arrested and jointly charged a husband and wife for the
offence of wrongful confinement of their 19-year-old daughter between
July 1, 2017, and February 7, 2018.
They are Antonio Marcus Fitzpatrick, 49, and Stacy Fitzpatrick, 47, both of Brereton, St Philip.
On Wednesday, police, acting on a tip off, visited the residence of the Fitzpatricks. During
their investigation, the daughter was discovered in a locked room in a
malnourished state, with her hair very unkempt.
She was subsequently transported to the state-run Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance for medical attention.
Both accused were subsequently charged for the offence and are expected
to appear in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court today.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App