A 48-year-old St Andrew resident has been remanded to prison after pleading guilty before Magistrate Ian Weekes in the District ‘D’ Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday to a number of drug-related offences.
Jefferson Asa Ricardo Yearwood, of Cane Garden, was arrested and charged on Tuesday with unlawful possession, unlawful possession with intent to supply, trafficking and cultivation of cannabis after members of the Drug Squad seized 66 cannabis plants, approximately six feet in height, on a plot of land at the same address.
He is due to reappear in court on March 6 for sentencing.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App