A 22-year-old mother charged with cruelty to a child pleaded guilty to the offence today when she appeared in the District ‘A’ Magistrate Court.
Latoya Joyanne Morris of Block 1, 11G, Eden Lodge, Housing Area, St Michael was charged in connection with a recent social media posting.
In the videos, Morris can be seen force-feeding the young infant with food while demanding that the toddler “open you mout girl’. She was also seen kicking the infant in the head.
Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant granted Morris $500 bail with one surety. She was also ordered to continue parenting classes.
She will reappear in court on May 4.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App