The ongoing sewage woes along the south coast have forced the closure of The St Lawrence Primary School located at St Lawrence Gap, Christ Church.
In a statement issued today by the Ministry of Education, Chief Education Officer Karen Best however announced that Class Four pupils who are preparing to sit the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Entrance Examination in May will be accommodated at the Arthur Smith Primary School at Pleasant Hall Land, St. Matthias, Christ Church.
Best advised parents and guardians of Class Four pupils to report to the Arthur Smith Primary in the morning with their children or wards, where she will brief them on the situation along with school principal Andrea Cheltenham.
Meanwhile, students from Class Three and under will remain at home until the Ministry of Education has finalized alternative arrangements.
Mrs Best said that the decision to temporarily close St Lawrence Primary School was a precautionary measure taken on the advice of the Ministry of Health on Saturday, as a result of a sewage spill on the school’s premises.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App