Amid the ongoing sewage stench along the south coast, the St Lawrence Primary School is to remain closed indefinitely.
This was the word from Chief Education Officer Karen Best following a meeting with parents and guardians of the 210 affected students at the St Lawrence Anglican Church this afternoon.
However, Best said while classes will resume tomorrow at the St Matthias Church for classes one to three students, those from Nursery to Infants B will be housed at the St Lawrence Church from Monday.
Class four pupils are already being accommodated at Arthur Smith Primary.]]>
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App