A 52-year-old woman is due to appear in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court on Monday on drug-related charges.
Members of the Drug Squad arrested and charged Suzanne Elizabeth McClean last Friday.
McClean, a Barbadian with Canadian citizenship, and who resides at Thomas Gap, President Kennedy Drive, St Michael, has been charged with two counts of unlawful possession of cannabis; two counts of possession of cannabis with intent to supply; and two counts of trafficking cannabis.
Police say McClean was intercepted by members of the Drug Squad at Bank Hall where a search revealed 26 packages, each containing cannabis, concealed in two separate bags.
A warrant was subsequently executed at her residence where an additional 200 grams of cannabis was also discovered.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App