Barbados has recorded its fifth road fatality for the year.
This follows a side-on collision between a motorcar and a motor lorry, which occurred around 7:55 a.m. today, along Brereton Road, St Philip.
The name of the deceased has not yet been released. However, police say the 49-year-old St Philip man was a passenger in the motorcar driven by 56-year-old Valdene Burton, of Hannays Valley, Christ Church. He died at the scene of the tragic accident in which the Jaws of Life had to be utilized to extricate his body from the mangled vehicle.
The motor lorry was being driven by 49-year-old Ken Williams, of Four Roads, St Philip.
Following the two-vehicle crash, Burton complained of pain to her back, left side, and neck, and was transported to the state run Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance for medical attention.
The driver of the motor lorry did not complain of any pain, but experienced trauma immediately following the accident, to which two fire tenders, and eight fire officers under the command of Divisional Officer Errol Gaskin, responded.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App