Police have released the identity of the man who perished this morning in a road accident along Brereton Road, St Philip.
He is 49-year-old Francis Henderson Lorde of Seaview Park, Long Bay, St Philip.
Lorde was the front seat passenger in a car driven by his girlfriend 56-year-old Valdene Burton of Hannays Valley, Christ Church.
Burton collided with a lorry driven by 49-year-old Ken Williams of Four Roads, St Philip.
She suffered pain to her back, left side and neck and was transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. She is said to be in stable condition.
Meanwhile, Williams was not injured in the accident but was traumatized.
Two fire tenders and eight fire officers under the command of divisional officer Errol Gaskin responded to the accident.
The officers used the Jaws of Life to remove Burton and Lord from the car.
Police are continuing investigations.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App