Police are investigating a hit and run accident, which occurred around 6 p.m. yesterday at Bibby’s Lane, St Michael, leaving a 45-year-old St Michael man nursing multiple injuries.
The victim, whose name has not yet been released, was reportedly walking along the left side of the road, when he was run over from behind by a green Suzuki Vitara motor van, whose driver and registration number are unknown at this time.
However, police say the driver immediately fled the scene, leaving the pedestrian behind with multiple injuries.
The victim was subsequently transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance for medical attention. His condition is listed as relatively stable.
Lawmen are appealing to anyone with information that can assist them in this investigation to contact the District ‘A’ Police Station at telephone 4307242 or 4307246.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App