Police have identified the man shot by police at Rock Hall, St Philip as Applon Parris.
Twenty-six-year-old Parris of Brittons Hill, St Michael was wanted for questioning in connection with the unnatural death of police constable Shayne Welch yesterday.
According to Police Public Relations Officer Acting Inspector Rodney Inniss, police found Parris at the house in Rock Hall around 9:40 this morning. Parris was armed with a weapon and confronted police. He was shot in the left leg by police and disarmed.
Parris was taken to the Accident and Emergency Department of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for medical attention.
He remains in police custody.
- JAMAICA - Woman whose son was crushed by JUTC bus recounts her ordeal
- GROS ISLET - Sri Lanka delays start of play vs WIndies after ball dispute
- VENEZUELA - 17 killed after nightclub brawl in Caracas
- ANTIGUA - Investigation Commission wants to probe activities of former minister
- Blame Governments, not CARICOM
- TRINIDAD - Serial rapist sentenced to 27 years