Police have identified the man shot by police at Rock Hall, St Philip as Applon Parris.
Twenty-six-year-old Parris of Brittons Hill, St Michael was wanted for questioning in connection with the unnatural death of police constable Shayne Welch yesterday.
According to Police Public Relations Officer Acting Inspector Rodney Inniss, police found Parris at the house in Rock Hall around 9:40 this morning. Parris was armed with a weapon and confronted police. He was shot in the left leg by police and disarmed.
Parris was taken to the Accident and Emergency Department of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for medical attention.
He remains in police custody.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App