A 26-year-old man is said to be battling for his life at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital after falling from a truck following a Democratic Labour Party (DLP) motorcade in St George.
Police Public Relations Officer Inspector Rodney Inniss told Barbados TODAY the incident occurred around 4:45 p.m. at Farm Road, Ellerton, at the end of the motorcade to drum up support for the DLP’s St George South candidate Dr Esther Byer-Suckoo.
He said the man was sitting on the vehicle, driven by 57-year-old Shane Forde of Sargeant Road, St George, when he fell onto the road.
According to Inniss, the Glebe Land, St George resident sustained severe head injuries and was rushed to the hospital.
Police are continuing investigations.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App