The 32-year-old man who was shot by police in Maxwell Plains, Christ Church on Tuesday has died.
Dwayne Omar Ward, of Dayrells Hill, Christ Church, passed away at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital around 7:50 a.m. today.
Police Public Relations Officer Acting Inspector Rodney Inniss told the media that Ward had confronted officers who were conducting investigations in the area by speeding towards them in a vehicle.
Inniss said the officers had fired shots at the vehicle to protect themselves.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App