The Pic-O-De Crop Finals is back to being held on the traditional last Friday of the Crop Over festival, the National Cultural Foundation (NCF) has announced.
In a statement detailing changes to the final weekend of the festival, the NCF said the battle of the island’s top calypsonians would take place on Friday, August 3 at 8 p.m. at Kensington Oval.
In recent years, the popular event has been held on the final Saturday of the month. This time around, once the 2018 Calypso monarch is crowned, revellers will take to streets at 1 a.m. for the popular Foreday Mornin’ Jam, which will end at 7 a.m. on Saturday, August 4.
The NCF said this change is expected to have a favourable impact on the annual Bridgetown Market which will offer patrons extended hours this year, running from noon on Saturday, August 4 to 5 a.m. on Sunday August 5.
The market will again reopen on 2 p.m. until midnight on Sunday and end on Monday, August 6, after Grand Kadooment.
The NCF assures patrons all tickets previously purchased for the Pic-O-De Crop Final will remain valid.(PR)
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App