Windies batting star Chris Gayle remains the only regional player in the top ten list of the world’s richest cricketers.
The 38-year-old Gayle, the only player in T20 cricket to score over 10,000 runs and the game’s record six-hitter, weighs in on the list at 9th with an estimated net worth of around US$15m.
The West Indian, who features in several lucrative global T20 leagues every season, enters the list ahead of South African legend AB de Villiers who makes an estimated US$12m.
Topping the rich list is Indian batting star Virat Kohli who is worth a whopping US$92m. The Indian captain known for his aggressive batting on the field and has also been a success off it after capturing a number of major endorsements.
In second place is another India legend MS Dhoni (US$70m), with Virender Sehwag up next at US$35m. Yuvraj Singh comes in at fourth with a tidy US$40 and Australian Shane Watson (US$35m) rounds out the top 5.
Top ten richest cricketers
1. Virat Kohli – Net Worth $92 Million
2. MS Dhoni – Net Worth $70 Million
3. Virender Sehwag – Net Worth $35 Million
4. Yuvraj Singh – Net Worth $40 Million
5. Shane Watson – Net Worth $35 Million
6. Shahid Afridi – Net Worth $30 Million
7. Gautam Gambhir – Net Worth $20 Million
8. Michael Clarke – Net Worth $16 Million
9. Chris Gayle – Net Worth $15 million
10. AB De Villiers – Net Worth $12 Million