The Royal Barbados Police Force (RBPF) has advised the public that the following traffic management changes have been implemented for this weekend’s Crop Over events.
Below are the full changes.
PIC O DE CROP FINALS
- There are no traffic diversions for persons attending the Pic O De Crop Finals at Kensington Oval.
- Persons attending the event are encouraged to use the park and rides initiatives provided by the Transport Board that are located at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Complex and also at Queens College.
- The Spring Garden Highway will be closed to vehicular Traffic from 10 p.m. on Friday, August 3 to facilitate the Foreday Morning Jam. This will be in effect until 8 a.m. on Saturday, August 4.
- Patrons leaving Kensington Oval at the conclusion of the event can travel along Fontabelle Road and are permitted to turn left along the following roads
- Kensington New Road
- Lakes Folly
- Prince William Henry Street or
- High Street
The roadway beyond High Street will be closed to vehicular traffic.
FORE DAY MORNING JAM
The following roads will be closed to all vehicular traffic
- Bay Street from its junction with Jemmotts Lane
- Crumpton Street
- Constitution Road
- John Beckles Drive
- Bridge Street
- Independence Square
- Wharf Road
- Harbour Road
- Spring Garden Highway
Motorists can travel from Fairchild Street onto Bay Street to Jemmotts Lane in outward bound traffic if they are leaving the city.
The Spring Garden Highway will be closed to all vehicular traffic from Holbourn junction to Brighton junction on Saturday, August 4 from 12 noon until 5 a.m. and again on Sunday August 5, from 12 noon until midnight.
The roadway along Codrington Road will be closed to all vehicular traffic to facilitate the music trucks parking along that road. The route from the National Stadium to Spring Garden Highway will all be closed to vehicular traffic including:-
- Station Hill Road
- Bank Hall Road
- Eagle Hall Road
- Black Rock Main Road to the Frank Worrell Roundabout
The Spring Garden Highway will be closed to vehicular traffic from 7:30 a.m. until 9 p.m. on Monday August, 6, 2018
The Sanitation Service Authority will commence cleaning the parade route after the last band has left the National Stadium. Police Traffic Management will remain in place until the entire route is cleaned.
The Royal Barbados Police Force (RBPF) encourages the travelling public to comply with the directions given by police officers who will be regulating traffic.
The RBPF wishes the public a safe and enjoyable Crop Over. (PR)