One week after he was admitted to hospital, veteran entertainer William Smokey Burke is showing “slight” signs of improvement while in intensive care, his sister said yesterday.
Delcia Burke said the singer, who was to have been a finalist in Friday’s Pic-O-De-Crop calypso competition with Conversation With Bussa and Where Der Money Gone? has improved slightly.
“Yes, he is [in the Intensive Care Unit]. Well, I would have to say that there has been a very slight improvement,” Burke told Barbados TODAY.
Last week, daughter Sharon Carter-Burke confirmed that her father had been hospitalized, and thanked the nursing staff for managing his care.
“Yes, Smokey is in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. We thank the doctors and nursing staff managing his care and we thank the public for their concern and prayerful support.”
His family has released no further details on his ailment.